We provide you with easy instructions to file for VA benefits on your own.

VA Aid & Attendance or Housebound Assistance

Aid and Attendance and Housebound assistance (also known as: Special Monthly Compensation SMC) is additional funding that can be obtained when a Veteran or widow(er) of a Veteran requires the assistance of another person with some of their activities of daily living (ADLs) and cannot live independently OR if the Veteran or widow of the Veteran is blind.

ADLs include bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, mobility, transferring, meals, transportation, housekeeping, etc. These benefits are also needs-based; however, VA does reduce the income by the medical expenses incurred by the Veteran or widow(er).

Therefore, those Veteran’s or Widow(er)’s that have a medical diagnosis by a doctor (yours and/or the VA doctor) that states that they cannot live independently and need regular assistance and care, MAY QUALIFY for more assistance.

Many people are aware of this benefit and are led to believe that if their medical expenses are high that they will automatically qualify for this benefit.

Every government program has its own set of eligibility criteria. It is important to collect all of the information necessary before you apply for benefits; however, the Veterans Administration pays cash to you if you qualify.

This benefit can be applied for in conjunction with each of the following benefit applications:

Veteran’s Pension

Veteran’s Compensation

Widow(er)’s DIC/Death Pension

Visit each of our pages for the above benefits to download the forms necessary to include this request in your benefit application.

FREE ALTCS Assessment

Find out if you are potentially eligible for ALTCS.

FREE IOT Need Assessment

Find out if you may need an Income-Only Trust.